The next three photographs are from the modern building telling the story of the industrial aspects of Bakewell. In the first one, D.P. Battery Co.
In 1896 a director of a London electric battery company, D.P. Battery Co., saw Arkwright's old mill site and transferred his company to Bakewell.
He used the wheel to generate 70kw of electricity to produce large batteries for electrically powered vehicles, emergency lighting for large buildings and power for submarines.
D.P. Battery Co. employed 300-400 workers and was a major employer in Bakewell, just as the Arkwright cotton mill before. The factory closed in 1970.